After experiencing repeated
heavy exertion at interface fires, particularly grassland, an
"outside the box" thinking firefighter decided
that there had to be a better way!
Armed with research on heat stress injuries for
firefighters as well as information and legislation related
to firefighting protective
clothing, he set out to make the job
of combating grassland and interface fire easier and more
efficient. To meet the challenge, the Interface Manifold
was created, and the results speak for themselves!
Watch our product demonstration to see the Interface Manifold System in action!
The challenges were focused on three
- to dramatically decrease the amount of effort required
of firefighters during hot grassland and interface fires
- to provide adequate fire flows to the fire perimeter
to prevent lateral spread
- the ultimate challenge of defeating the first two
problems at locations significantly distant from the
The analysis of these challenges resulted in
a design with some
interface firefighting is not all this incredible tool can
do for you!
It quickly became apparent to
firefighters that this product had many uses besides
interface fires. Through typical firefighter ingenuity
the Interface Manifold has become a valuable tool for
decontamination procedures, chimney fires and fire
investigations as well as many other applications.
- the hose to be used had to be lightweight, easily carried
and packaged (versatile and transportable)
- there had to be a capability of operating multiple lines
of lightweight hose (versatile and flexible)
- it required a seamless interface connection to structural hose (compatibility)
- the whole thing needed to withstand the physical abuse
it would face from firefighters
and the elements (strength and durability)